We take your right to privacy seriously, and want you to feel comfortable using our website. This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our service and the choices you have associated with that data.
WHY THIS POLICY EXISTS:
This data protection policy ensures Solar Electric
- Complies with data protection law and follow good practice.
- Protects the rights of staff, customers and partners.
- Is open about how it stores and processes individuals’ data.
- Protects itself from the risks of a data breach.
DATA PROTECTION LAW:
The Data Protection Act 1998 describes how organisations — including Solar Electric — must collect, handle and store personal information. These rules apply regardless of whether data is stored electronically, on paper or on other materials.To comply with the law, personal information must be collected and used fairly, stored safely and not disclosed unlawfully. The Data Protection Act is underpinned by eight important principles. These say that personal data must:
- Be processed fairly and lawfully.
- Be obtained only for specific, lawful purposes.
- Be adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Be accurate and kept up to date.
- Not be held for any longer than necessary.
- Processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects.
- Be protected in appropriate ways.
- Not be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA), unless that country or territory also ensures an adequate level of protection.
We use your data to provide and improve our Services. By using our services, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
2. Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our service to you. Below are the different types of data we collect. Personal Data: While using our service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Integration Data: When authorizing any of the integrations offered with the service, our code will have access to any data made available by the integrations API. If the integration requires a specific set of permission scopes to be authorized by the user, the API data accessed will also be limited to these scopes. Data retrieved from certain integrations may be cached for a short period and may be stored on our servers to improve the deliverability of data with the service. The data obtained from integrations will only be used in the dashboard and reports that you and your users have access to. The data is not used internally or any place that you do not have access to.
3. Use of Data
We use the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our service
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so.
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our service
- To monitor the usage of our service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
4. Retention of Data
5. Transfer Of Data
6. Disclosure Of Data
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend our rights or property
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
7. Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
8. “Do Not Track” Signals
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
9. Your Rights
We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data. Whenever made possible, you can update your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to change your Personal Data, please contact us to make the required changes. If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us. In certain circumstances, you have the right:
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
- You have the right to data portability for the information you provide to us.
- You can request to obtain a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it.
- Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
10. Service Providers
11. Links To Other Sites
12. Children’s Privacy
Our service does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
14. Contact Us
If you have any questions, please contact us via email at email@example.com.