Who We Are
Rookery Consulting Ltd t/a Solar Electric is a company limited by shares and registered in the Republic of Ireland and is part of the group of companies of New Measured Power Limited (t/a Pinergy)
You can contact us at our main business address: Killanne, Rathnure, Enniscorthy, Co.Wexford, Ireland, Y21 W523.
Our Data Protection Officer is the Pinergy Data Protection Officer operating on a shared service basis. Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org
We believe that helping our customers to reduce their electricity bills by using solar will help them to optimise their energy use, reduce waste and treat energy as a resource, not a commodity. We are also aware that data needs to be handled securely and transparently. We believe you should own your own data and should have the choice about who has access to your data or who you consent to view the data. Solar Electric recognises that the protection of the personal data of our customers, through appropriate processes, controls, and discretion, is an essential element of our brand. This Data Protection Notice explains how we collect, transfer, store, and use your data.
As part of our ethos of continuous improvement, this Data Protection Notice and any associated policies or procedures may be changed in the future. If we make changes, we will provide notice of any proposed changes at least thirty (30) days before they come into effect.
What We Do
The mission of Solar Electric is…..
How Do We Obtain Your Personal Data?
When you use our products or services and apps, we collect information about you. This information can be manually entered by you or be collected automatically from your smartphone and/or device. Other information may come from third parties.
We obtain your personal data in one or more of the following ways:
- You directly provide it to us by filling forms when you enquire with us about our products and services; when you ask us to provide you with a product or service.
- You authorise a third party to provide it to us (example
- We automatically record it from your device, when you use our products or services.
Categories of Personal Data We Process
The specific types of personal data we process about you may vary depending on the specific product or service you are using. Examples or descriptions of categories of data provided here are not exhaustive and are for information purposes. Supplemental information will be provided to users for specific contexts where necessary.
|Category||Example / Description||Source|
Provided to make payment for the products and services you purchase from us
Used to locate property and to support site survey using Google Earth and on-site site surveys and job scheduling.
|Details of Household Electricity Use||Approximate electricity consumption based off previous bills. This is used to help design appropriate capacity into each installation||Directly provided|
|SEAI Grant Application Details||Grant reference numbers
Used to support customer in claiming relevant grants for installations
In addition, photographs are taken of the installation location as part of site surveys and of all electrical work completed as required by the SEAI grants processes, for safety certification of works, and for insurance purposes. These are retained for the lifetime of the installation.
How Do We Use Your Data (and our Legal Basis for Processing)
|Purpose||Legal Basis Relied On|
|Sale of product or service
|Customer Support and Maintenance||
|Cross-sell of Pinergy products and services.||
Categories of Data Processors
Solar Electric makes use of several different categories of data processor to help us deliver our services.
|Category||Details of Processors|
|Installers||Solar Electric makes use of third-party contractors to carry out installation and commissioning work for Solar PV projects.|
|Sales and Marketing||Solar Electric may make use of third-party service providers to support our sales and marketing activities|
|IT Managed Services||Solar Electric makes use of several companies to help us manage, administer, and maintain our IT systems and infrastructure. In addition, we make use of cloud-based and externally hosted applications and services to support the functions of our business|
|Logistics Providers||Solar Electric makes use of third-party logistics providers or may be required to provide information to third party providers for the purposes of ordering and arranging delivery of components or equipment to a customer location.|
|Billing, Accounting, and Finance Service Providers||We avail of the services of several third parties to support our billing processes, our accounting and payments management processes, and our finance and credit control processes.|
|Data Protection Officer Services||Solar Electric has engaged the services of an outsourced Data Protection Officer to support our compliance obligations.|
Joint Controller Relationship
Solar Electric has entered into a Joint Controller relationship with Pinergy (www.pinergy.ie) . Under this arrangement, Pinergy provide a range of back office and administration supports to Solar Electric. Both firms engage in cross-sale and bundled sales activities of each other’s related products or services where it is beneficial to our customers.
Under this Joint Controller Agreement, customer information is shared between the two organisations where necessary for these purposes.
Categories of Recipients
Solar Electric will provide personal data to the following categories of recipient:
- To law enforcement agencies or regulatory authorities on receipt of a valid court order or where expressly required under legislation and only to the extent required by law.
- To third parties where necessary to comply with a court order
- In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganisation, sale of assets, dissolution, or other business-related event, your information may be transferred as part of the assets.
In addition, solar panel installations that include a MyEnergi hub will relay statistical data about energy consumption and generation capacity to MyEnergi for reporting to you via the app or their website when you register a user profile.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
Solar Electric retains identifiable data for the duration of your use of our service or use of the application plus any retention period that may be defined by:
- Legal requirements set out in legislation or regulatory guidance in jurisdictions in which our services are provided
- Periods that are reasonably necessary for business and legal purposes.
We will also keep data which cannot directly or indirectly identify living individuals for analytics and research purposes to help improve our products and services.
Keeping Your Data Safe and Secure
We place great importance on the security of all personal data associated with our customers. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control.
Periodic reviews of our security standards are carried out and our software development process has a checkpoint to identify and new risks when we define / develop new features.
However, with any electronic transmission and storage of data comes risks and we cannot guarantee that our databases, or those of our third-party affiliates, will be 100% secure. There is also a risk of data being intercepted while being transferred over the internet.
In the event of a breach of data security, Solar Electric will:
- Where we are acting as a Data Controller, we will notify without undue delay the relevant Supervisory Authority where we identify that there is a risk to the fundamental rights and freedoms of people using our applications or services
- Where we are acting as a Data Controller, and we identify a high risk to your rights and freedoms we will notify you of the incident without undue delay.
Cross-border Data Transfers
Third party service providers contracted by Solar hold personal data in secure data centres inside the EEA. Where data is transferred outside the EU/EEA, such transfers are carried out on the basis of either:
- Standard Contractual Clauses, or
- An adequacy decision of the European Commission.
In addition, registering user profiles for certain applications provided by equipment providers for certain products may necessitate transfer of your personal data to the UK or other jurisdictions outside the EU/EEA with different data protection regimes to that which applies in Ireland or the EU.
In such cases, your registration for the app may be necessary for the provision of service to you by the equipment provider. They may also require registration of your equipment for warranty or after-sales support purposes.
We regularly review our providers and the basis for any transfers of personal data outside the EEA.
Your Rights under GDPR
Where Solar Electric is acting as a Data Controller, you have rights under EU Data Protection law. These rights are:
- A right of access which allows you to request a copy of your data in an intelligible form (Article 15 GDPR)
- A right of rectification which allows you to request a correction of errors or inaccuracies in the data that we hold relating to you (Article 16 GDPR)
- A right to object to processing and to “opt-out” of having your data processed by us on the basis of our legitimate interests or a public interest basis unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds that over-ride your interests, rights, and freedoms. (Article 21 GDPR)
- A right to erasure in certain specified circumstances. This right does not apply where we are processing data for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest in relation to public health, for archiving purposes for historical or scientific research, or where necessary to establish or defend legal claims (Article 17)
- A right to restrict processing in certain circumstances (Article 18)
Under GDPR individuals also have rights to seek compensation for infringement of their data protection rights under the legislation.
Right to Complain to the Data Protection Commission
You have the right to file a complaint to the Data Protection Commission.
Their contact information can be found online at this link: https://dataprotection.ie/en/contact/how-contact-us